Azari (Old Tierbau:Âzarí) is one of the key gods in Erdmännchen and Tierbau mythology. She is the goddess of chaos and winter.
According to legend, she was the child of Jaugo, a god and both emperor of Tierbau.
An Old Tierbau legend about Azari written by the 1230s poet, Kari Ljone, says this:
- (original) Ęoj Âzarí bćóó źěak a sfaο wioy ǎmer.
- -- -- --
- Hávar und þoj,
- á Liaga,
- brynбur váru
- blóði stokknar,
- en af geirum
- geiserr stóðu.
- (translated) Thou young Azari came
- from the riches of Jaugo,
- but not the same was cast upon Herself.
- Unforgiving, true, she slashed a knife,
- Upon the throat of our ruler.
- Whom expected the fruits,
- of Slandoer's labor with Her sin,
- truth, she got the rulership
- with blood was the apparent way,
- And as she walked in her golds in cities of love,
- the fate of War was assured.
- Alas, fates remained dark as night,
- and from her actions,
- storms came, and thou citizens thought She was no longer.
- then, in the skies above,
- in the then blue,
- ice fell,
- of Azari:
- She rained again,
- with blood upon the ground again,
- and their eyes believed it no longer,
- and chaos was assured.