Cities and towns traversedEdit
- Dragoonasag National Route 801 in Mobridge
- Dragoonasag Interstate Route 48 in Chupper County. SAL-79 and DI-48 merge for five miles.
- Salviana State Route 654 in Logg County
- Salviana State Route 149 in Satpoule
- Salviana State Route 300S in Mercitilli County. SR-79 and SR-300S merge for four miles.
- Salviana State Route 199 in Mercitilli County
- Dragoonasag Interstate Route 292 in Home Acre
- Dragoonasag Interstate Route 92 in Winston
SAL-79 begins at the Almina state line and runs northeast through Mobridge. After leaving Mobridge, Route 79 continues northeast toward DI-48. It merges with the freeway for five miles, and then continues its northeast path through Keiston and northern Chupper County before entering Logg County and the town of Satpoule. After leaving Logg County, SAL-79 enters Mercitilli County and merges with State Route 300S. After four miles, SAL-79 continues its northeast into Winston County, then through the town of Euphrates, then toward Home Acre, and continues to its northeast end at DI-92 in Winston.